Tuesday, September 21, 2010

I own microsoft word on my desk top and microsoft works on my laptop. How do I win these compatiable?

I needed to use a jump drive to transfere my university assignments from one to the other. My school does not except microsoft works, but does microsoft word. What should I do? Is at hand a special way to generate these compatiable? All suggestions would be accepted.


Answer:

On the computer next to MS works: Save the documents in RTF format--They should interested on Word.
http://www.openoffice.org/
You can go into microsoft word unequivocal the old works wallet and goto save as and trade name sure it says Word Document underneath the file christen. Save those to your thumb drive and send assignments to your professors or whoever you stipulation to.
I have Word 2003 and my text offers the fitness to save a profile in a Works 7.0 folder format. I have Works 8.5 and my copy has the capability to save a report in a Word 97/2003 format. I believe that for both programs, I have to download software from Microsoft to do the translation. Both programs are able to release and open Rich Text Format (.rtf) files right out of the box.



The other alternative, as someone here mentioned, is to use OpenOffice.org (known as OOo to plentiful people, available at http://wwww.openoffice.org). It is competent to save files surrounded by Word format, and is pretty good at pipe Word files unless you are using fancy, unusual formatting.


No comments:

Post a Comment